Liver spots, freckles, and age spots are names used to indicate brown spots on the skin caused by sun damage. Age spots are labeled solar lentigos by dermatologists. As a person ages, his or her exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun accumulates over time. The damage done by these rays to the surface of the skin results in a change in the color of the pigment, producing dark spots. These darker areas have nothing to do with the liver or the age of a person but are the result of spending time in the sun.
- 3 Ways to Remove Age Spots without Surgery
- 9 Ways to Reduce the Appearance of Age Spots
- What are Age Spots?
- Treatments for Age Spots
- Tips for Choosing an Age Spots Specialist
- Symptoms of Age Spots
- Risk factors for Developing Age Spots
- Preparing for Your Age Spot Appointment
- Myths and Facts About Age Spots
- Cost of Age Spot Treatments
- Age Spot Prevention
- Causes of Age Spots
Recently Asked Questions