Preventing cellulite really comes down to making simple yet important lifestyle changes. The following are some easy tips to help you prevent cellulite:
• Eat healthy: Consuming low fat foods and incorporating lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet will help keep your body healthy and free of cellulite.
• Drink plenty of water: Most health professionals recommend drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Drinking water is very important for all aspects of the body including preventing cellulite. Water functions as the body’s cleanser, getting rid of toxins and helping to repair connective tissue.
• Exercise Engaging in an active lifestyle can help get rid of excess fat build up in the body which is a contributing factor to cellulite. Make sure to incorporate both cardio and weight training in your workout routine. Exercises like squats and lunges are important for toning the things and buttocks which are common areas where cellulite forms.
• Wear loose fitting underwear: The tight elastics from certain underwear can restrict blood circulation, leading to cellulite. Avoid these types of underwear and opt for boy shorts or thongs instead.
• Avoid toxic substances: High consumption of harmful toxins such as alcohol and cigarettes can weaken the liver and kidneys, which can slow down your body's ability to eliminate waste, further leading to cellulite.
• Massage: Regular message can help reduce the superficial symptoms of cellulite. Massage encourages blood circulation to areas of the body where cellulite usually occurs and helps to break up fat deposits, preventing the skin from dimpling.
Cellulite can often be a predisposed condition, but by following these tips you can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. If you are still having trouble it is a good idea to consult with a skin care professional. They can provide some effective treatments options to significantly improve your cellulite.