Questions to AskThe following are questions you may want to ask the doctor before your procedure:
• Will I have to undergo tests to determine if I have age spots?
• What treatment options are available to me and what are the benefits and disadvantages of each?
• How much do the treatments cost?
• Does the treatment qualify for medical coverage? If not, am I able to finance my treatment?
• What should I expect from my final results?
• What does the healing process involve? Will there be significant downtime required?
• Will there be any unusual changes in my skin that I should be aware of?
Questions from the DoctorThe doctor will also be asking you specific questions to better assess your skin condition, these may include:
• When did the age spots first appear?
• In addition to the age spots have you noticed any other changes in your skins complexion?
• How frequently are you exposed to the sun?
• Do you use tanning booths regularly?
• Do you usually get bad sunburns?
• How often do you use sun protection?