Specialists Who Can Treat Athlete's Foot

Athlete's Foot is a fungal infection that affects the feet, especially the area between the toes. If you are experiencing blisters and itchiness and you suspect you may have a skin condition such as the Athlete's Foot, you should get a checkup. However, you need to known what types of specialists treat this condition.


Dermatologists are specialized in treating skin conditions. A dermatologist is a specialist that has a medical degree and special training in dermatology, which typically takes 4 years. A dermatologist can diagnose a skin condition such as the Athlete's Foot and recommend an over-the-counter treatment, or if the problem is more serious, prescription drugs that will eliminate the fungi.

Primary Care Physicians

Even if the primary care physicians are not specialized in skin problems, they are able to recognize the symptoms of the Athlete's Foot and recommend you a topical ointment that can reduce the discomfort and eliminate the fungi.

Cosmetic Specialists

Cosmetic surgeons or specialists have a medical degree and additional training in cosmetic procedures, which involves several years of internship (i.e. 2 or 3). Even if the cosmetic specialists don’t specialize in skin conditions, they are able to diagnose a skin condition and discuss treatment options with you.

When paying a visit to a specialist to diagnose and treat the Athlete's Foot, it is important to talk to a specialist that is certified. Ask for proof of certification at the clinic you visit.

Have specific questions?

All Article Categories

Before & After Photos

Suggested Doctors

Recently Asked Questions