Before visiting with your skin care specialist it is a good idea to make a note of important information regarding your condition.
• Think about when your facial veins first appeared and if any type of trauma or environmental factors may have triggered their appearance
• Write down any symptoms you are experiencing as a result of your facial veins
• Make a list of any family members who suffer from vascular problems, specifically facial veins.
• Also jot down all of the medications you are currently taking including vitamins and supplements
You may only have a limited amount of time with your skin care specialist on your first appointment so it is a good idea to write down all of the questions you want to address before hand. The following are some sample questions you may want to ask:
• What is the cause of my facial veins?
• What are my various treatment options?
• What are the benefits and risks of each treatment?
• Once my condition is treated is it possible it can come back again?
• Are there any changes I can make in my lifestyle that can help improve my condition?
If you are receiving treatment the same day as your first appointment make sure you bring in all of the medications you are taking. Some medications can interfere with laser or light treatments. You also want to make sure you come to your appointment without makeup on your face. Avoid tanning several days before your appointment and use at least an SPF of 30 when you are outside. Some laser treatments can cause hyperpigmentation if the skin has been overly exposed to the sun. In addition, inform your doctor of any birth control pills or hormones you are taking as these can also interfere with your treatment.