Seeking treatment for your acne as soon as you experience symptoms is the best way to prevent skin damage and permanent acne scars. There are a variety of things you will want to discuss with your treatment provider to ensure your skin care goals are met. Here are some guidelines to help you prepare for your appointment. First, it is a good idea to put together some questions to ask your skin specialist before your visit.
Questions to ask
• What are my treatment options?
• Which acne treatment is best suited to my skin condition?
• What are the costs of each treatment?
• How many sessions will I need to achieve my desired results?
• During treatment will I need to use any antibiotics or other prescription medication for my active acne?
• How can I prevent future acne scars from developing?
Your treatment provider will also ask you a series of questions about your health history and about your acne symptoms. Here is an example of some of the questions that may be asked.
Questions from the specialist
• When did your acne start?
• How have you treated your acne in the past?
• Have you used any medications to treat your acne?
• Are there triggers that aggravate your acne?
• Are there certain daily habits that seem to improve your acne symptoms?
• Does acne scarring run in your family?
Remember to come to your appointment with a makeup free face. This is important because your specialist will want to be able to clearly identify the acne problems during an in depth skin analysis.